We all know the ideal day to get married is Saturday—everyone has off, people can travel Friday and Sunday, why wouldn’t you want to get married on a Saturday? There are plenty of reasons and perhaps Friday is your next best choice, but have you considered a Sunday?
There are tons of reasons to consider Sunday to celebrate your big day. Here are a few to keep in mind when picking that special date to host your wedding:
- Cost savings. This is the biggest one since not only do we offer a significant price discount, but so do many of your vendors! Turn your $30,000 wedding into a $20,000 wedding just by switching the day of the week. Be sure to ask your vendors if they have any discounts for a Sunday date, a lot of time they’ll offer incentives since Sundays tend to book less. Score!
- Availability of your favorite venues and vendors. Fridays and Saturdays tend to book 12-18 months out (if not sooner), leaving Sundays open and available. That’s right, have your dream wedding at your dream venue with that photographer you love because guess what…your date is open!
- Host a welcome party Saturday night, heck, host it Friday night! Make a full weekend out of it. Who doesn’t love a love a 3-day weekend, honestly?
- Travel costs are less during the week. Do you have a lot of out-of-town guests that you’re concerned about? They’ll likely be appreciative that that they can fly home on a Monday and save some money on flights vs. having to travel home on a Sunday (which is always more expensive!).
- Celebrate with your biggest fans. If you happen to have those faraway guests that really don’t want to travel, you’ll still get your closest friends and family there to celebrate with you. This will make for a smaller, more intimate celebration which brings us back to #1, less guests = more savings!
- Who says you have to end earlier than midnight? At least 70% of our Sunday weddings opt to end at 11pm or later because if your guests want to party, they will party! And if not, no worries! You can still end earlier and have an AMAZING day. When you put together delicious food, serve some amazing cocktails, dance like crazy to the music you love, and decorate the space to perfection, it’s a mix that will make any Sunday feel like a Saturday.
- More time with guests. Gives you the chance to spend more time with your close family and friends (usually out of town guests) throughout the weekend before the wedding.
- Fun themes like BRUNCH!
If that doesn’t convince you, check out a review from one of our Sunday brides:
Stay open-minded. Friday and Sunday weddings are cool too. We opted for a Sunday wedding, begrudgingly, and it still was an unbelievable party. Your guests will rally—I promise.
(You can read the full review over at The Knot)
Overall, if you’re having fun, your guests will too. We at The Haight still have Sundays available throughout 2019, be sure to book now before they’re gone too!
We promise, you won’t be disappointed!